Bronwen Carson is a director, actor, and published playwright. She’s a New York International Fringe Festival directing award recipient, recipient of a Ginny acting award, a Ross Foundation playwriting award finalist, an Unleash Press Book Award finalist, and the recipient of a Sundance Institute scholarship to develop a feature film screenplay and two tv series at Sundance Co//ab for 2021-22. Her work has been supported by The Ross Foundation, The Rona Jaffe Award, The Director’s Lab at The Actors Studio, Sarasvati Creative Space, Irondale, Meetinghouse Literary Journal, Unleash Press, and The Sundance Institute. Bronwen has taught master classes in movement-based arts, acting and artistic development at The Actors Studio, Juilliard, NYU, Broadway Dance Center, Peridance, The Producers Club, and STEPS. She is accredited in The Science of Well Being (Yale) and conservatory trained in Meisner, Stanislavsky System, Michael Chekhov Technique, Laban Movement Analysis, Elemental Work, Theatrical Clowning (Lecoq), and Butoh. She is a proud member of SAG-AFTRA, AEA, SDC, and NYWIF.
This 6-week course is for dedicated actors who want to elevate their abilities & actively pursue TV and film work.
Learn How To:
- work on a brief monologue and a scene from indie film and series
- become highly familiar with what directors and casting directors are looking for
- strengthen your blocking by connecting it to your acting choices
- deepen your abilities for compelling and unforgettable work
- discuss how to bridge how you see yourself vs how casting and directors perceive you
- broaden your range through interpretive shifts
- receive detailed feedback each week