Bronwen Carson is a director, actor, and published playwright. She’s a New York International Fringe Festival directing award recipient, recipient of a Ginny acting award, a Ross Foundation playwriting award finalist, an Unleash Press Book Award finalist, and the recipient of a Sundance Institute scholarship to develop a feature film screenplay and two tv series at Sundance Co//ab for 2021-22. Her work has been supported by The Ross Foundation, The Rona Jaffe Award, The Director’s Lab at The Actors Studio, Sarasvati Creative Space, Irondale, Meetinghouse Literary Journal, Unleash Press, and The Sundance Institute. Bronwen has taught master classes in movement-based arts, acting and artistic development at The Actors Studio, Juilliard, NYU, Broadway Dance Center, Peridance, The Producers Club, and STEPS. She is accredited in The Science of Well Being (Yale) and conservatory trained in Meisner, Stanislavsky System, Michael Chekhov Technique, Laban Movement Analysis, Elemental Work, Theatrical Clowning (Lecoq), and Butoh. She is a proud member of SAG-AFTRA, AEA, SDC, and NYWIF.
This 6-week course is for trained actors seeking an intensive atmosphere to workshop, rehearse and perform a scene from contemporary theatre.
Learn How To:
- strengthen your ability for script analysis
- narrative arc, theme, beat shifts
- further grow your actor’s toolbox
- experiment with various acting techniques within the scene to find your most compelling work
- further develop your ability to convey emotional truth and dramatic tension
- hone your technique for in the moment work that feels alive and appears unscripted
- receive detailed feedback each week